Monday, May 18, 2009

Today has been a mad rush to get 2 of my quilts into IQA Houston show. Of course am last minute Susie and I had to pay extra for next day. The applications are due tomorrow. I have been so busy lecturing/teaching and traveling, that I now have to schedule my creative time by blocking out weeks on my calender. Here is a picture of my digital quilt and the original picture I started with. This is the first time I have enter a quilt using a different technique. It's kind of scary. But if i don't try I will never know. Art is about pushing your talent to the Max's. One of my students commented recently, "that you don't have to compete with others, because you are too busy competing with yourself." She is so right. I think entering my quilt art into quilt shows has made me a better artist. Try it some time and see what happens. I'll let you know if I get in.

I have a new fetish, Vintage cookie jars. Here is my newest purchase from eBay. I still have my Barbie addiction, still obsessed with old linens, buttons and salt and pepper shakers. But I never thought I would go cookie jar crazy. Whats a girl to do? I need some serious help!

2 comments:

  1. The digital quilt looks wonderful -- so much like the picture but with a better background. How many pieces did you use? It seems like zillions.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shirley,
    There are 9 printed blocks for the body and lost of little squares for the outside border.

    ReplyDelete