Saturday, July 25, 2020

3 ZINNIA Quilt-Class #2

The video is at the bottom of this blog.

It is so exciting to get this NEW 3 Zinnia quilt done. I hope this class will help you through the process of making this spectacular flower quilt.

I give a lot of tips and tricks to handling 3 flowers at once that will help even if you are only making one flower.  I have put some chapter time stamps on this video so you can easily find something you want to review again or if you want to skip ahead.  

9:08  Numbering Your Petals

10:40  Layering the Centers

13:48  Arranging the Centers

20:53  Changing My Mind

24:09  Adding Layer #2

30:45  The Shadow Layer – Color D, E, F, G and H

34:00  Let's Press

36:03  Auditioning Background Fabrics

39:11  Free-Cutting Leaves

45:35  Arranging the Leaves


For the Thread Play on your Zinnia, you can watch my Zinnia Thread Play video here on this blog. You may also want to watch the Dogwood Finishing Class #5, where I show how to do the leaves and there are A LOT of leaves. These are all free.  I love to use variegated green thread on my leaves and I have some of that thread in my shop.

If you feel timid about free-motion quilting through fusible web you may want to take my online class through the American Quilt Society at iquilt.com.  My class is called Renegade Thread Play and you can watch it repeatedly. There is also a DVD by the same name at AQS.

Click Arrow in the box below to view Video

No comments:

Post a Comment