Tuesday, February 2, 2010

World of Warcraft?


I am not really happy right now. The day has started out with finding out someone has been using my credit card number to play over $1,000 of video games in the last 3 days. From searching the web we came to find out that this is a common rip-off. Then you start to think, where have I been and who did I encounter that looked me in the face and said I want to rip her off? Was it in a quilting shop or one of the restaurants or hotels I was staying in over the last week? The problem is that this is the 3rd time since I started teaching that I have become a target of thieves. You would think that being a quilter is a safe and sweet, even grandmotherly pursuit. The crooks know their audience and they are out looking for a victim. So this is why I am spending time writing about this. I want you, my blogger friends, to get a heads-up and not trust anyone, grandmotherly or not.

Last year it was a girl asking me for private lesson that her wealthy father was interested in. Then last month, some guy supposedly from Australia wanting to purchase 30 of all my patterns, about a $3,000 order. Thank God my husband is smart.

And today, this rip-off. The internet is a wonderful invention but there are crooks around every corner, in most political offices and even living across the street. How does one grow up to become a thief? Having no regard for others or their own family and even their own children?

May God help us.

1 comment:

  1. Melinda, I'm so sorry someone has tapped into your credit card. I do hope your credit card company will support you, but even still this is upsetting. I had this happen one time while traveling to a big city. I dined in a small restaurant and they took my credit card and used the old manual card rubbing divice. But since we've learned to try to put everything on our American Express as they are very good about these things.

    Still a shame that such low lives are out there.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete