Thursday, January 24, 2008

Road To California


Joe and I had a great time last weekend at Road to California Show. I was very surprised to win Best In Show for my Monterey at Dusk quilt. Wow!!! And my Romance quilt won a Honorable Mention. There were a lot of wonderful quilts there. It’s weird to take your husband to a quilt show thought. But he survived and so did i. In fact I had a lot of fun having him there.


Mark your calender because the next wonderful show is my own guild show.The Folsom Quilt and Fiber Guilds big show is Feb 1,2,3. It all ways has fantastics quilts and wearable arts. This we are having 3 featured artist. Freddie Moran, Kathy Sandbach and Yvonne Porcela. That one artist and day. You can't get better than that. I will be signing books in the Quilters Corner booth. Come by and say HI.

Yesterday was my first class form the new book. We worked on the coneflower. It’s exciting to see my students master a flower I designed and make it their own. Here are the pictures of their flower. They did a great job can’t wait to see them done.

4 comments:

  1. Melinda it was such an honor to meet you yesterday at the Fulsom quilt show! I saw your art first and just was awe struck by it's sheer beauty. Then I saw another and another, then the Rose and there you were under it! You and your work made my day extra extra, special to say the least. And my husband took me to this show as a surprise! That's the kind of guy he is. And he even acted interested walking around looking at all the quilts there.
    I have been reading your book, which I also bought yesterday. And I can't wait to get started making one of your flowers or something close in my own vision/version! ;-)

    Good luck in all your endeavors.
    I posted some of your art on my blog and it is already getting rave reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I oohed and aahed over your quilt at Road To California. Congratulation on your award. I am looking forward to seeing your future work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I oohed and aahed over your quilt at Road. Congratulations on your award. I look forward to seeing lots of your future work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Best of Show!!!

    ReplyDelete